To promote quality and competence in Spanish engineering, fostering study, research and progress in those sciences on which it is based, in the techniques required by its applications and in the methods that encompass its creative activity.
To collaborate with other Academies and similarly-oriented institutions, whether located in Spain or other countries, as well as with those of an international nature, on matters and programs of common interest.
Committees / Main working groups
- Board of Directors
- Treasury Committee
- International Liaison Committee
- Steering Committee
- Awards Committee
The Royal Academy of Engineering of Spain has organized more than 30 seminars, conferences and other different events. Due to their relevance, the following should be highlighted:
- Opening session with the lecture “Photons and neurons: other doors to the perception”.
- Seminar “Innovation and entrepreneurship: perspectives for a new age”.
- Seminar “Engineering and high competition. America’s Cup: a case study”.
- Course “Data engineering”.
- Round table “Global heating consequences”.
- Seminar “Supercomputing: a tool for the Engineering of the future”.
- Workshop “Smart cities, Security, Privacy and Digital Trust”.
- Seminar “Maritime Engineering: the Spanish harbours approach”.
- Lecture “Displacement structure os matrices: fundamentals and applications”.
- Lecture “Frontiers of the Supercomputing”.
- Lecture “What has changed in Europe after the European Research Area and times of increased uncertainty?
- Lecture “Water wave mechanics and coastal engineering”.
- Seminar “Energy, Engineering and Industry”.
- Annual awards “Academiae Dilecta” (awarded to company with significant relevance in the engineering and technology), and “Young Engineers” (awarded to young professional with a special engagement with the Engineering).
Special mention to the public presentation of the “Spanish Dictionary of Engineering”, with more than 50,000 terms, developed by the Royal Academy of Engineering of Spain with the participation of more than 150 Engineering and Technology senior experts.