The first Platform on Engineering Education came to an end in 2011.Its Final Report summarized results of the 23 questionnaires filled in by the member academies.
In May 2013, Euro-CASE Board re-established this Platform chaired by Petr Zuna (EACR).
General objectives of this Platform currently are:
Present state and future of engineering education (necessary transformations, structure, social status)
How to increase the interest of the young generation and parents in engineering education.
Placement in industry during young engineers university education
An International workshop on "Engineering Education" took place in Prague on May 28, 2015. It was attended by about 25 participants. The final programme with presentations and main points of discussion can be found below.
The moderator of the programme was Ass.Prof.Ing. Josef Koubek.
Presentations: (open presentation by clicking on its title)
- 1.Petr Zuna (EACR): Selected Topics in Engineering Education
- 2.Peter Goodhew (RAEng): The Future of Engineering Education: Doing it Differently
- 3.Michael Valášek (EACR): Educational Trends in Engineering for Hard and Soft Skills
- 4.Zdeněk Vostracký (UWB Plzeň): The Art of Engineering Education
- 5.Leszek Wojnar (Krakow Univ. of Technology): Engineering Education – Quantity vs. Quality
- 6.Petr Konvalinka (EACR ): Mission of CTU in Prague in Technical Education
- 7.Radek Špicar (CICR): 2015 – Year of Industry and Technical Education
- 8.Ivan Šiman (EACR): How do Engineers think ? Some Ideas from Britain and Germany
- 9.Janez Možina (IAS): Technology Education Networks – A Possible Way to Augment the Laboratory Experience
- 10.Beatrice Huber (SATW): STEM Careers Barometer Switzerland
- 11.Pere Brunet (RAIN): Increasing the Interest on Engineering Education: Some Data from Spain
Petar Petrovic (Academy of Engineering Sciences of Serbia)
Jacqueline Lecourtier (National Academy of Technologies of France; Euro-CASE)
More information: http://www.eacr.cz/en/sd/news/main-page/news_0006.html