– Feb. 2019: “Vienna Conference on Instrumentation” triennial conference dedicated to the development of specific hard- and software applications for Astro-, Particle and Nuclear-Physics.
– Feb. 2019: The “Masterclass for Teachers” was a three-day workshop of the Institute of High-Energy Physics, aimed at stimulating exchangebetween school teachers and researchers.
– Mar. 2019: Lecture “Dynamics in Protein Molecules“ given by Kurt Wüthrich (Nobel-Prize in Chemistry 2002)
– Mar. 2019: Lecture ”Fast Calculations“ given by Martin Grötschel (President of the Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften)
– May 2019: Lecture ”Using Simulation to Explore and Invent the Future City“ given by Michael Batty (The Bartlett Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis (CASA), London City University)
– May 2019: Lecture ”What Will Replace The Transistor?” given by Eli Yablonovitch (University of California, Berkeley)
– June 2019: Lecture ”Can Europe catch up in artificial intelligence?“ given by Bernhard Schölkopf (Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems)
– Oct. 2019: Meeting of the Euro-CASE Engineering Education Working Group at the Austrian Academy of Sciences
High Level Grants
Researchers at the Institutes of the Austrian Academy received eight new ERC-Grants:
1 Proof of Concept: Material Sciences
3 Starting Grants: Molecular Biology, Cultural Sciences, Biochemistry
2 Synergy Grants: Medieval Research, Molecular Biology
2 Consolidator Grants: Demography, Molecular Biology