– Jan. 2017: Lecture “Earth, Mankind and Energy” given by Carlo Rubbia (Nobel-Prize in Physics 1984)
– May 2017: Lecture “The development of colour patterns in fishes: Towards an understanding of the evolution of beauty” given by Christiane Nüsslein-Volhard (Nobel-Prize in Medicine 1995)
– Sep. 2017: Space-Research Institute of the Austrian Academy participates in the finale phase of the NASA-spacecraft Cassini after a 20-year mission to planet Saturn.
– Sep. 2017: Researchers at the Institutes of the Austrian Academy received twelve new ERC-Grants (seven in 2017 and five in 2018 – five in the Humanities and Social Sciences, four in Natural Sciences and Engineering, three in Biology and Biotech)
– Sep. 2017: World Premier in Quantum Physics: First Quantum-encrypted Video-Call between Vienna and Beijing. Major Step towards a Quantum-Internet
– Apr. 2018: Lecture “How CDKs control the cell cycle” given by Sir Paul Nurse (Nobel-Prize in Medicine 2001)
– Jun. 2018: In preparation to the Austrian EU-presidency the General Assembly of the European Academies Science Advisory Council (EASAC) took place in Vienna.
– Oct. 2018: the First “Joint Academy Day” in co-operation with the Royal Netherlands Academy of Sciences addressed topics like “ethical questions regarding research in or about authoritarian regimes” or “advisory functions of academies”.