2 December 2010 in Germany (Berlin)
2 December 2010 in Berlin, Germany
Sustainable growth through innovation has become even more relevant with the emergence of the crisis in Europe. Against the backdrop of economic globalisation, the question of innovation and value creation has become a topic of international interest, presenting new challenges for politics, industry and science. Therefore, acatech, as the responsible academy, is organising the Euro-CASE Annual Conference 2010.
‘Together we want to ensure that the impact of technological change on society is given proper attention, with environmental and sustainability aspects receiving full consideration. The Euro-CASE Annual Conference is an important event for fostering international cooperation in European science and engineering.’
Lena Treschow Torell, Chairman of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, IVA, and Chairman of Euro-CASE
‘In my opinion, the time is now right to reflect on a number of questions. Today, Europe is at the crossroads of its future: did we choose the right tools in the crisis? Have our recovery programmes had the intended effects? How can we secure lasting and sustainable growth? How do we produce long-term value creation? acatech’s answer has been and will be: through innovation.’
Reinhard Hüttl, President acatech
The Conference is organised by an Advisory Board set up by acatech. Chairman of the committee is Reiner Kopp, Board Member of acatech and Vice-President of Euro-CASE.
– Prof. Dr. Reiner Kopp, Euro-CASE/National Academy of Science and Engineering (acatech)
– Prof. Dr. Hans-Peter Wiendahl, National Academy of Science and Engineering (acatech)
– Prof. Dr. Walther Christoph Zimmerli, National Academy of Science and Engineering (acatech)/Swiss Academy of Engineering Sciences (SAT W)
– Prof. Dr. Hendrik Van Brussel, Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Science and the Arts, Foreign Member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA)/National Academy of Engineering (NAE )
– Prof. Dr. Gerald Byrne, Royal Academy of Engineering (RAEng)/National Academy of Science and Engineering (acatech)
– Prof. Dr. Laszlo Monostori, Hungarian Academy of Sciences (HAS)/Hungarian Academy of Engineering (HAE)