Founding date: 1995
Number of members: 181
Number foreign members: 26
Management and Staff: 2 part time ( approx. 0,6 unit)
Financing and sources: The Portuguese Academy of Engineering is a private not-for-profit association
Annual Budget: 97.650 €
Financing and sources:
Government Support • 74% (indirect – grants)
Industry • 19%
Private funding • Nil
Other • 6%
EACR mission is to foster technical sciences, to build bridges between the spheres of research and development and the sphere of implementation, to contribute to an increase of the competitiveness of Czech Economy and to participate in guaranteeing technical education.
EA CR Council, Control committee, Nominating committee
– Mechanical Engineering
– Electrical Engineering
– Civil Engineering and Architecture
– Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology
– Material Engineering and Technology
– Informatics and Cybernetics
– Strategy of Research and Development
– Transport Engineering
– Czech Knowledge Transfer Office.
– The EA CR actively cooperated on the SAPEA project. It nominated its members into working groups of the project. IA CR members Prof. Josef Steidl and Prof. Lenka Lhotská participated in the work of working groups “Microplastics“ and “Future of Ageing“. SAPEA reports were made available by the EA CR to the professional community and the state administration.
– The EA CR started from the beginning of 2019 to publish the EA CR Newsletter with current news on EA CR activities. An important item was nuclear engineering which should ensure the future self-sufficiency of energy in the Czech Republic. The electronic version of the Newsletter is sent to EA CR members, partner organizations and the state administration.
– The EA CR award for 2019 was presented to a team of VUTS Liberec for the concept and creation of a unique DIFA jet weaving machine for the fully automated production of special 3D fabrics, so called distance fabrics, i.e. fabrics with large and variating distances.