Founding date: 1937
Number of members: 650
Number foreign members: 8
Management and Staff: 950.000 €
Financing and sources:
Corporate membership fees (industry and others) amounts to 54%,
income from projects (foundations and participants’ fees) 46 %
The Academy is an independent institution, the object of which is to act on the basis of expert technical knowledge to promote technological and scientific research and ensure the application of research results to further the creation of value and welfare in Danish society.
The Academy Council
– Scientific group on Technological Management and Organisation
– Scientific group on Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences and Geosciences
– Scientific group on Construction and Production
– Scientific group on Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Information Technology
The ATV Think Tank
ATV|Helios – The ATV Committee on Education, Research and Innovation.
– Technological Summit: the 2019 Summit explored the possibilities of Denmark becoming a laboratory for sustainable green solutions. The Academy launched the report “India – Land of Opportunities” on how Denmark and India can collaborate on India’s green transformation and the SDG’s.
– New growth of STEM businesses: The Academy identifies well over 1,100 start-ups whose businesses are based on STEM skills (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) in the report “The new growth of STEM businesses in Denmark”. This type of business contributes more than other new companies to Denmark’s future growth.
– Applied AI Academy: this activity allowed tech-leaders to explore the business implications of AI. On study trips to Silicon Valley the participants met AI practitioners from leading companies, venture capitalists, experts from world renowned innovation and research institutions, and startups working with new technologies.