Giorgos N. STASINOS
Major events organized by the technical chamber of Greece during 2013
European Union Programmes
Due to the economic crisis in Greece and the lack of funds, the Technical Chamber of Greece has focused, mainly, on the organization of events funded by European Union.
The Technical Chamber of GREECE (TCG) is participating to the Intelligent Energy Europe for a Sustainable Future project as coordinator of the sub-project titled «Adding to SEAP (Sustainable Energy Action Plan) more participants, more contain across Europe (SEAP-PLUS)» Project: SEAP-PLUS (IEE/11/978/SI2.615950)
– The Covenant of Mayors (CoM) initiative holds a pivotal role in achieving the ―20-20-20‖ targets for 2020, enacted through the Climate and Energy package in 2009.
– Six pairs of regional partners have been created to facilitate direct transfer of knowledge and know-how from experienced partners to learning ones, so that the latter can better support their local authorities. The twinning partnerships focus on building the capacity, knowledge and expertise of the learning regions in developing SEAPs. Particular emphasis is given on overcoming the barriers faced during the development and implementation of SEAPs. Three rounds of twinning visits are planned, each consisting of a visit from the learning partners to the experienced partners and vice versa. As it is important to maintain the ties between the learning and experienced regions, SEAP-PLUS foresees the signing of a Memorandum of Un-derstanding (MoU) between each twinning pair. This is expected to extend their co-operation after the duration of the project.
– Local Authorities are being mobilized to participate in and / or organise Energy Days in each region. Technical help is also being offered to them by both experienced and learning partners of the project.
– Collaboration with the respective energy stakeholders for access to reliable and lo-calized energy data is currently being encouraged through specific actions, such as workshops, roundtables and bilaterals. Regional stakeholders involvement is also being promoted. Follow up actions will ensure future collaboration, such as the Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC).
– SEAP-PLUS continues to successfully promote the CoM initiative and disseminate the project outputs and results to key target groups, including local, regional, national authorities and decision makers.