Dr. Miklós BENDZSEL
Founding date: 1990
Number of members: 224 full members + 57 foreign members
Number foreign members: 57
Management and Staff: 1 + 3 part-time
Annual Budget: 16.000.000 HUF (1 USD = 220-230 HUF)
Financing and sources:
Government Support • 10%
Industry • 30%
Private funding • 30%
Other • 30%
Advancement of modern technologies.
– Interdisciplinary working groups (no committees) engineering education; innovative technologies; food security; energy situation of Hungary; role of nuclear energy in Hungary.
– Interdisciplinary working groups.
– The General Assembly of the Hungarian Academy of Engineering, held in May, featuredan informative and very interesting talk with the title “Innovation, the fuel of the 21st century” given by Dr. Zoltán BIRKNER, President of National Research, Development and Innovation Office.
– In August the academy organised a three-day event on “Innovation and Sustainable Surface Transport 2019” with the purpose of motivating domestic professionals in the field of innovation and strengthening the relationship between domestic stakeholders and the companies involved in development.
– The Academy was represented on Euro-CASE Board and Executive Committee by: Miklós BENDZSEL, President of the Hungarian Academy of Engineering and András SZÖLLÖSI-NAGY, Vice President of the Hungarian Academy of Engineering, responsible for International Relations.