Prof. Dr Miloš NEDELJKOVIĆ
Founding date: 1998
Number of members: 255
Management and Staff: 2
Annual Budget: 44. 860 EUR (in 2013)
Financing and sources: Projects for industry: 25.500 EUR, (57%)
Partner organizations: 11.200 EUR, (25%)
Support from Ministry for Science and RTD: 5.100 EUR, (11%)
Others: 3260 EUR, (7%)
Advance the national economy and well-being of both the citizens and the society through promoting excellence in the fields of engineering, applied sciences and technology, as well as by promoting the engineering profession and practice.
The main objectives:
– To create a platform for an effective cooperation among universities, research institutions and industry;
– To foster research and innovation in applied sciences, technology development;
– To guide the engineering education by providing policy advice and motivating young generations to become engineers;
– To provide independent and balanced expertise and insights of eminent engineers to advice the Government, institutions, organizations and enterprises;
– To strengthen engineering institutions and provide the voice of the engineering;
– To disseminate of the knowledge across different fields of engineering.
The AESS intensively interacts with society through the organization of conferences, round tables, seminars and the publication of monographs, and also through rendering position papers and proposing various initiatives and dialogues associated with the engineering- and technology-related challenges Serbia currently faces. Through its departments, scientific technical committees as well as through individual initiatives the Academy provides expert support in formulating various strategic documents for the Government of the Republic of Serbia.
The AESS is governed by a Steering Committee, consisting of a Chair, Co-Chair, Secretary General and six members representing the departments of the Academy of Engineering Sciences of Serbia. The Steering Committee regularly meets once per month. Each year, the Academy organizes an Annual general assembly at which the annual report about the work of the Academy is delivered by the Steering Committee, the plan for the next year is adopted and awards are granted for outstanding engineering achievements and results.
The AESS performs its activities through six departments:
– Department of Biotechnical Engineering Sciences,
– Department of Civil Engineering Sciences,
– Department of Electrical Engineering Sciences,
– Department of Mechanical Engineering Sciences,
– Department of Mining and Geological Engineering Sciences, and
– Department of Technology, Metallurgy and Material Engineering Sciences.
Besides the departments, the activities of the Academy proceed through Scientific Technical Committees that are engaged in different multidisciplinary areas:
– Committee for National Technology Platforms – STC NTP
– Committee for Energy – STC E
– Committee for Food – STC F
– Committee for International Cooperation – STC IC
– Committee for Education – STC Edu
– Committee for Publications – STC Pub
Through its committee for National Technology Platforms, the Academy built a national system consisting of six individual technology platforms defining strategic directions for development and technology innovation in the fields of manufacturing, food, energy, transport, construction, and information-communication technologies for the period to 2020 and beyond.
– The Academy of Engineering Sciences of Serbia (AESS) was elected as a new member of CAETS at the annual convocation in Stockholm, in June 2019. CAETS membership now spans 30 countries distributed across six continents of the world. Dr Sanja Vranes has been appointed by the AESS Steering Committee to be a representative of AESS in CAETS.
– AESS and the Academy of Medical Science – Serbian Medical Society signed a memorandum on bilateral cooperation. This agreement is in line with general commitment of the AESS to enrich its capacity with expertise in non-engineering domains.
– In cooperation with the Technical University of Vienna, the Dresden University of Technology and the Bratislava University of Technology, AESS organized the International Scientific Conference “e-Future of Cities – Between Temptations of Exponential Technology Growth and the Concept of Human City” held inBelgrade in October 2019.